07 August 2006

Miraculous Stories


It’s been a couple of days since I have last written, but I will make up for it with this special story. I haven’t actually told anyone, because I don’t really know how to explain this when talking to someone. I think I can write it down though (and share with all of the world while at it :-))
I first have to tell you that I lost my Bible when I moved to this house last year. I had two Bibles, an older Dutch translation and the new, latest, translation. I lost this newest one. It must be in some box I can’t reach or it must have fallen behind somewhere I guess. Anyway, I have looked all over the house, but I can’t find it. When I went to church in April, I really wanted to have a Bible, but I knew I had the newest translation somewhere and I didn’t want to buy a new one, because that’s just too expensive. So I prayed to the Lord about helping me to find my Bible or helping me to get another one. The other day I bought the New International Version in English, because that didn’t cost too much money and I liked having an English Bible. Last weekend we went to visit my mother in law. She had said before that she had some Bibles for us, but I hadn’t really thought of that. But she had a bag for us when we left and at home we unpacked it. It contained 3 Bibles, one of which was the newest translation, including the books only the Catholic Church recognizes. I was so happy when I saw that. It wasn’t until later that I discovered that the Lord did answer one of my prayers. It took some time, yes, but I think this is my first official prayer-answer :-D
The other thing happened this morning. I was on the train praying along the ‘pray as you go’ podcast (www.pray-as-you-go.org) and they talked about that you had to think about the people around you. Are you too much alone? Do you spend enough time on your own? Do you spend enough time with other people around you? I was contemplating this when the idea of the youth-group of Catholic people kind of ‘re-entered’ my mind. It’s a group of young people who come together every Friday evening and just pray together, read the Bible, sing together and I don’t know what else. I had read about them on the Internet but I hadn’t really decided what I wanted to do with this. But this morning it just hit me that I really should do that. So I found their website again and I mailed about when the next meeting will be and if I could come. I got a very friendly e-mail back that said that the next meeting will be on the first of September and that I am very welcome. He also wanted to know what my expectations are so that they can consider that. I’m pretty excited about it. The youth group is led by the Brothers of St Jan (http://www.stjan.org/) They also have a chapel for Eucharistic Adoration, so I need to check that out real soon, see if I can pray there. That was another one of my wishes :-)
That was about what I wanted to share with you. Tomorrow is my day off, so I’m gonna sleep in and do really nothing. Talk to you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for charda