19 November 2006

GPS walk, New Jobs, Pictures


Last week we ordered our GPS navigator. We received it yesterday, and we had to try it out of course. Today we went to Meijendel, near The Hague, to walk around and to see if we could find a geo-cache (for more info, check out http://www.geocaching.com). Everything went all right, except that we left kind of late. We first slept in, then we went to the supermarket to buy the groceries, and then we were ready to leave, which was about 3 in the afternoon.

We went by tram to where we wanted to walk. We walked for a while and we took some pictures. I brought my new camera, because I wanted to try it out and we wanted to compare some pictures taken with my camera and with Martijns. When we were about half way there, I was already a bit tired and it was getting dark already. We would have to walk for another half hour and then we would still have to find the cache. Since we were close to a big road at that moment, we decided to go back home and to not pursue our quest for the geocache. I was very disappointed, but I didn’t want to be in a secluded area without streetlights after dark, and then especially because we were going to a place where many people were shot to death in the Second World War. I know it was a bit cowardly, but OK. At least we did check out our new GPS device. It does work and I think it’s kind of fun to walk around with. I’m really looking forward to trying out some of these geo-caches, but I’m afraid I won’t have time for it in the next few weeks. We’ll see how that goes.

These past two weeks I’ve responded to 3 job vacancies. One of which is a simple cash-register job in a supermarket close by. I expect to be invited for an interview by them at least, if the other 2 won’t. I’m very nervous about what might happen if I’m hired at one of these companies. My new colleague just resigned and if I leave as well, they won’t have any personnel left. I know, that’s their problem, and I shouldn’t worry about it, but I do, and it’ll break my heart if I would quit right now. But I also know that there will never be a good time. There’s always something going on and they’ll never be happy to see me go. I really have to think of myself first, but that’s very hard.

By the way, I checked out the pictures at home, and I preferred the pictures made by Martijns camera. My pictures weren’t very sharp and they were too magenta, too purple. I hope that if I use different functions that it’ll get better, but I wasn’t too pleased with it.

That’s about all the news I have right now. Tomorrow I will go to church and afterwards I have a date with a classmate to practice our pronunciation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for charda