21 May 2006

First Aid Weekend, Past Week, Guild Wars, Today

Yes, I’m still alive and I’m behind my computer. I did survive my First-Aid weekend. The weekend wasn’t even that spectacular. I was a bit disappointed when I found out that most of the time I was just sitting, just hanging around the First-Aid tent a bit. We didn’t have any great casualties, which is a good thing of course, but all I’ve done is clean some wounds and put on some band-aids, like 3 times. For the rest I’ve been watching how the others handled the wounds, like some blisters and the removals of some ticks. I’ve also walked around, always together with someone else, when there was a big fight going on. I was at a LARP event, Life Action Role Playing, called Moots I. So as you probably have seen on the pictures, everyone was dressed up in a way they liked it and they had to fight each other or the monsters. The monsters were played by a special group of people to keep the story going and just to create some fun. Do not ask me what this main story was, because I have no idea. I only know that they usually live on the planet Vortex, but this weekend they had gone to another planet by means of a warpstone, but I don’t even know the name of the planet. The camping on my own bit of the weekend went OK as well. I put on the tent, with the help of some others, and everything went fine. The food was really great in the weekend; that was well taken care off by the organization of the event. I’m not sure whether I want to do this again. I didn’t like the other First-Aiders that much. They were nice and friendly and all, but I don’t have a lot in common with them, and they won’t become my best friends. I’d like to have Martijn around next time and I’d like to have more to do, even reading my book would be fine. I didn’t want to do that this time, because I didn’t want to do anything strange so that the others would find me strange.
This week I didn’t feel too good all week. It wasn’t until today that I felt a little like my old self again. I have been feeling weak all week, I’ve slept some extra hours almost every day and I was feeling nauseous now and then. No, I’m not pregnant; I was just a bit under the weather. Today I didn’t sleep any extra, and I got out of bed early to go to church, so I’ve had a long day, and I’m a bit tired, but I feel OK.
Last Tuesday I bought a new game, as I was inspired by the role-playing I had seen over the weekend. I bought the game ‘Guild Wars’. A couple of years ago I have played Everquest for about a year, but I did not want to play that again, because then I would have to pay a monthly fee. The great thing about GW is that there is no monthly fee and there are some other in-game advantages as well. You get your own copy of any explorable area you play in, so that there is less lag and people are not able to steal your loot. You do get to meet other people in towns and cities. I’m still very much a newbie and trying to figure out how the game works, but I really like it so far.
Today I finished my big essay on ‘Clarissa’ and I finished the assignment I had to do on the ‘Corpus Linguistics’ workshop of Philology. That was a lot of work together, so I’m really happy that it’s done. Now I only have to finish the details of the essay and study for my exams.
I’ll try and update more often this week, I hope I’ll be feeling better and I’ll talk to you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for charda