29 April 2006

Letter to Mother, E-mail to Church, Homework, Queens Day

Well, I’ve just done two very difficult things. To me they’re difficult at least. I wrote a long long letter to my mother concerning my brother and telling her that I am going to the church and that I believe in God. I know my mom used to be very religious as a child and as a teenager, but I don’t know how she’s going to respond to this. We’ll see that next week.
The other difficult thing is that I just mailed the man from the church. Tonight, I finished the book he gave me so now I mailed him what to do next. I included my phone number at the end and I asked if we could perhaps meet. Not that I have time to go on an appointment, but we’ll see about that later. I would have called him, but I didn’t know what would be a good time to call. So I just mailed him, which was easier to me.
Today I finished the most important Language Lab assignments. I finished the transcription of the BBC News which I recorded on Wednesday and I made a good start with the accent check assignment. I sent everything to my partner, and now all I have to do is wait till he responds and see what he thinks. I’m very glad that it’s done, because I thought it was going to be a lot of work, which it was, but it was doable.
This afternoon I picked up my pictures at the postal office. They look really nice, especially the ones with the flowers which I also posted on this blog. I’m happy with how they look, especially for the money that I’ve paid for them. And tomorrow is Clarissa-day. To me that is. For the rest of the Netherlands it’s Queens day. Here’s the English Wikipedia entry on Queens day: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koninginnedag I’m just going to stay at home and do my homework.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for charda