27 April 2006

Excuses, Work, Homework, Even More Homework, Rejection

I believe I have said this before, but I’m sorry I haven’t updated the last few days. Last Tuesday I suddenly remembered I have to hand in this pretty large project for Language Lab next Tuesday and on Thursday next week I have my Literature Presentation on Clarissa. Both these assignments are about a weekend’s worth of work, and I only have one weekend to finish both and do my regular homework. So last night and the night before I have done parts of the assignments to get some things finished and I was really too tired to update my blog. But tonight I was home at 11 o’clock and it was too late anyway to do any homework, so here I am.
It was very quiet at work yesterday and today. We didn’t have a lot of customers, only when it was really inconvenient for us, then the customers would come by and ask difficult questions. Like yesterday, when my colleague had to leave for an hour and I was alone, that was a real busy hour. All those people would get in at the same time and ask difficult questions or wanted their photos printed right away. Unfortunately, that’s not always possible, and especially not when I’m alone. But I managed.
Today was also very busy, right at the time when I had to leave to go to the university. So I stayed for another half hour to help out my colleague, because she didn’t like being alone, which I can fully understand.
My lecture tonight was all right. It was about ‘Tristram Shandy’ by Laurence Sterne. I hadn’t read all that I needed to have read, but I had read a summary this afternoon and that was sufficient. After the lecture I went to the library and I copied some chapters from books regarding the topic of my presentation. I was really glad to see that all these books were there that I needed. I even copied everything in time, so I hope I now have everything that I need for my presentation. I was afraid I was going to have to go back to Leiden tomorrow to do this, but now I have it already.
Well, this weekend is going to be about homework and homework. I have to transcribe 10 minutes of BBC News and I need to do something with an accent check. I need to prepare my presentation, and I have a Vocab quiz on Tuesday. We’ll just see how far I’ll get.
Today I received an e-mail from one of the companies to which I had applied, and they didn’t want me. They said they had found more suitable applicants, which makes sense with my resume. But it’s still a shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for charda