18 January 2007

Late late late


I made it back home! There are very heavy and violent storms here at the moment. I left work at 4 pm and I got home at 11 pm. Not too bad I’d say. Just for comparison, usually I leave work at 6 pm and I get home by 7:30 pm. The main problem of today was that the trains didn’t ride anymore. When I left work I was hoping to catch some train to The Hague, but there weren’t any at all. I took the bus to Schiphol and I met Martijn there who also took a bus from his work to the airport. I was really happy to meet him there, because I already figured this would take a long time before I would get home. I thought I was going to have to wait for a few hours on Schiphol, but that some trains would depart from there to The Hague. But nothing happened. We ate something at Burger King and we waited for about 3 hours. Then we heard from people around us that all trains had been cancelled and that there was not a big chance of it getting back this evening. We called Martijns sister and she checked our other possibilities. We chose to take the bus to Haarlem and from there take the bus to The Hague. If you want to know why the busses still drove and why all trains were cancelled: I have no idea. I think a train is much heavier and steadier than a bus. Anyway, we took these buses. It took a very long time to get from Haarlem to The Hague. By train it is a little more than half an hour; we did it today in an hour and 45 minutes. We went to the coast to all kinds of little villages. And now it’s almost midnight and I have to get to bed, because I have to get back to work tomorrow. I have no idea whether I’ll be able to get to work. The wind has gone away by now, or at least has become a lot less strong. There’s still lots of stuff on the railroad which will have to be removed before the trains get to drive again. We’ll see how that goes tomorrow. I called my work already to ask if they’ll be in time tomorrow because I might be late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for charda