11 February 2006


Here a short update by me on Saturday. Last Thursday I had my first Literature classes of this semester. What I kind of had forgotten was that while studying Psychology I never really had to think for myself, I just had to accept what others were telling me. And now, we were studying the poem ‘Absalom and Achitophel’ by Dryden, I had to think for myself what I thought of it and what it meant. I didn’t read the whole poem, so I wasn’t able to understand everything, but I was just reminded of this. After class I got a ride back to The Hague and the three of us, me and two classmates, went to an Irish pub for a drink. That was really cool, me and two native speakers. I was really enjoying it.
Yesterday I slept in and then suddenly my bf was back home, while I expected him to be at work till in the afternoon. You can read all about it at his blog: http://icewatcher.blogspot.com After that I went to the centre of The Hague to buy a new blouse for my job interview next Tuesday. I did buy a nice one.
Today I went to the hair dresser this morning and I am looking nice and blond right now. Tonight I have read the story of ‘Oroonoko’. It is part of my homework for Literature for next week, and I liked the story so much I read it in one evening. I even skipped my episode of Idols for it. Now I have some time left for my other homework I didn’t do today. Here’s a link to the Wikipedia entry on ‘Oroonoko’: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oroonoko

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for charda