30 January 2006

Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Angry Customer



Finally another update from me
Friday I have been to the library and studied there for a couple of hours with my friend. I’ve been trying to decipher ‘Absalom and Achitophel’ by Dryden, but it’s really difficult and I haven’t quite accomplished it yet. I’m gonna try again tomorrow. After that I went to the centre of The Hague to look for a present for my mother, and I came home with lots of things, but not so many presents for my mom
I bought some shower-gel gift-set with 4 small bottles with different scents. I wasn’t really satisfied about it, but OK, I didn’t want to buy something crappy which would cost me a lot of money and then my mom would never use it. I bought 3 DVD’s with which I am very happy! I bought Shrek, Shrek 2 and ‘Cry Baby’. I really love that movie, and when I saw that they had it, I just had to buy it. I also bought some useful stuff, some clothes and some things for in the house.
At Saturday I stayed home all day, I didn’t do that much. I tried to work on the poem, but it didn’t really work out.
Yesterday we, my bf and I, went to visit my mother. We had to travel for about 2 hours. My mother was really happy to see us again, since it had been a while since we last visited her. My mom looked pretty okay, she had gained some weight, and she had had her hair grown. She didn’t look too bad. We stayed for about 2 hours, and we walked a little outside as well.
Today I worked again. My colleague isn’t planning anymore to take over the shop where I work, so I do need to figure out what kind of work I want to do. I really have no clue to what kind of work I want to do. I’d love to do some editorial work, just like I do right now with the Secrets of Harry Potter podcast, but I just don’t have the diplomas to be able to do that. I don’t know if I want to apply to another shop-position, I don’t know whether another shop will hire me for the position I would like to have.
I was really really enraged with a customer today. She is a friend of the shop-owners and she had given us a lot of films last week which we had to put on CD-ROMs. That’s really a lot of work for us, and I told her that the price per film was € 5.95. Since she’s a friend of the owner, I figured that they would make a deal about the price, and I also told her so. She said that was fine and that the work had no hurry, it could take a couple of weeks if necessary. Today she came in to check how far we were and she asked my colleague what the price approximately was now that we are halfway with the work. They were 2200 photos, divided by 40, which would come down to €327.00 approximately. She was really angry about that, because she said that I had said it was € 2.95 per film. I mingled in the discussion, but there was not really anything I could add. My colleague said that he had heard me saying it, but she said that he hadn’t even been there, while we both knew he was there, he was only helping another customer at the time. Well, I just answered her that we couldn’t settle our differences; I knew I couldn’t have said the lower price, while she insisted that I did. I told her I would phone the owner and let her contact the customer, and so I did. Luckily the owner believed me and knew that I would never have promised this for such a low price and she will settle this with her friend. Phew, just had to get that off my chest. My colleague and I were just trembling with anger, but we behaved ourselves and we stayed polite
I don’t have any big plans tomorrow. I need to go to Pilates, while I’m not really looking forward to it. And I think I should do some studying. Well, talk to you later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for charda