22 April 2006

Job Interview, Church Tomorrow, Pilates

Today I had my job interview. They usually call it an interview, but this one didn’t really feel like one. I was prepared to answer the most horrible questions. Why do you want the job? Why should we hire you? What are your bad qualities? But they never came. Only the first one was asked, and a couple of others of course, but I didn’t really feel like I was being interviewed. The man did more talking than I did. He asked me some questions, but mainly short questions, and not the really hard ones. What did I think that I was going to do in the shop? I just said what every shop-employee has to do. Clean the shop, help the customers, handle the cash register, put away the new goods, stuff like that. He also talked a lot. He told me what was going to happen if I were to be hired with contracts and what my wages are going to be. He also asked me about being flexible, if I have to work at the last minute, whether I’d be willing and able to. It’s not sure that if I’m hired that I’ll work in this store, I could also be located at some other store in the area. But that’s fine with me, I don’t really care. It just feels a bit strange and I have no idea whether I will be invited for a second meeting/’interview’. If they want me, I’ll get a phone call next Saturday around 4 pm. I’ll just see what happens. I won’t be too sorry if they don’t hire me, but I’ll still go and work there if they do. At least I’ll have a job in the way that I want to, and I can leave the photo-shop where I work now.
Nothing else really spectacular happened the last few days. On Thursday I wanted to quit my study of English, work a few years and then get married and have children. But I guess that’s not going to happen. If I don’t finish English, my study-debt will be even worse than now, so I’ll just have to continue. It’s a lot of stress and a lot of work, and it would be nice to have a diploma, but it’s not my biggest dream in life. But OK, I’ll continue for now and I’ll see how far I’ll get. Tomorrow I’m going to church again. There’s going to be the ‘Holy Communions’ of some children tomorrow, and I’m pretty curious to see what that’s like. I might order 2 books one of these days on Catholicism. I found some nice ‘How to’ books on devotion and on mass and I can even order them in the Netherlands. But now the website is down where I wanted to order them, so I’ll have to do that some other day.
I almost forgot, I also went to Pilates this morning. Since I had to work last Tuesday, I couldn’t go to the class and I had it rescheduled for today. It went pretty well and it felt really good to move again and to stretch my muscles a bit. This group is a little further than our group, but I could follow the lesson pretty well. But I am kind of happy to go back to my own group next Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for charda