09 April 2007

Geocaching, Xofrix, Ashes


Today was a very exciting day. I got up very early at 9 am, which is really early for me at a Sunday. And I know today wasn’t Sunday today, but it was Second Easter day, which is a holiday here in the Netherlands, so it felt like a Sunday to me. We went geocaching today. We first did the ‘Waar? Daar! Duivenvoorde’cache. It was a pretty short walk and we figured out everything easily.

Afterwards we met with Team Xofrix as they call themselves in the geocaching world. I know Xofrix from Guild Wars where we are in the same guild and we play a lot together. We’re both not the best players in the game, but we do have a lot of fun. Since we are both geocachers, we decided that we should try and a do a geocache together. And today was the day. The cache that we did together was very easy and we pretty much walked straight to it in one line. It was very cool to meet him and I hope we will meet again some time soon.

The pictures are at: http://www.icewatcher.nl/pics/geocaching9april/

Last Thursday I scattered my father’s ashes. I wasn’t as emotional as I thought I was going to be. I scattered the ashes myself. I had decided that I might do it up front if they asked me, and they did. My grandmother carried the ashes to the site. The site itself wasn’t that special. It was just a piece of land with trees and grass. I thought it would be prettier with flowers and such, but that wasn’t the case. So I scattered the ashes and I felt really clumsy while doing it. It was pretty heavy and it was just an awkward experience. I hope it was the last time I’ll ever have to do it. Martijn took a lot of pictures, but I won’t share them with you. They’re for me and my grandmother.

Talk to you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for charda