08 February 2007

My Father's Ashes

Tonight in the train home I talked with my mother on the phone. Her best friend died two weeks ago. They had been friends for a very long time, I guess since my mother was 18 or 20 years old. The woman died of lung-emboli. My mom was pretty shook up by it of course. Her friend was only 52 years old. I have seen her a couple of times, but I didn’t really know her. We also talked about the situation with my father of course.

I still have to decide what to do with my father’s ashes. My mother suggested that I should have the ashes spread out in Almere where my father lived and that I should keep a bit of the ashes myself in a small box, so that I have some left. I have been thinking about this tonight and I’ve browsed over the Internet to see what I could find in the range of mini-urns. I have found some nice ones. I found some really cool glass-urns in which the ashes are distributed in the glass itself. It looked really nice. I’ve also seen some simple small urns.

It’s so very hard to think about this and to make the right decision. I can only decide once and I can never do it again. I really don’t want to decide and I just wished my father hadn’t died. It would have been so much easier for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for charda