15 April 2007

First Aid Weekend, Moots I 2007, Sleep!


I survived the weekend. I never thought I would, but I did. It wasn’t too bad actually. We didn’t do any of the scary exercises I thought we would do. We practised many little things, like how to do bandages and we have a small lecture about heart diseases, epilepsy and brain diseases. We rehearsed our resuscitating skills and we practised how to walk with a gurney. The only downside was that I didn’t get any sleep last night. We slept with 20 people in one room and many people were talking and making noise and just being annoying.

We also had a pet with us from one of the participants, a small Blackcap bird she has hand-raised, called Frank, even though it’s a girl. It was fun to see this bird and even hold it.

In four weeks time Martijn and I are going to participate as First Aid volunteers in a larp event, Moots I, just like I did last year. It’s like a real life Guild Wars experience. I am looking forward to it. It is hard work, to work long hours and usually not on too much sleep (we sleep in a tent), but it is fun to walk around there and see everyone fighting and being in-character. We’ll see how that goes in a little while. Now I’m going to take a shower and go to bed. I’m gonna try to sleep a few hours before having to work tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Profile for charda